Sweet potatoes for a sweet start!
Sweet potatoes, together with pumpkin, are a must in my kitchen during the winter. Both have this beautiful sunset orange flesh that can only suggest how rich they are in beta-carotene, vitamin A and vitamin C. In particular, sweet potatoes are also easier to prepare because they do not require long cooking times. For this reason, I chose this appetizing tuber to make this new recipe in collaboration with Black & Blum: I will use, in fact, their food flask to contain this delicious creamy soup scented with coriander to take with me to work! This is a recipe that rejects any kind of sloppiness while remaining simple. And this flask food has proved to be essential to keep my soup warm and look great as if it was just made:
the ideal, as always, is to cook the soup on Sunday, or in the evening and heat it up a couple of minutes in the morning, the flask food will keep your soup warm for at least 6 hours. This product too, like the thermo-pot and the lunch box, is leak proof, so there is no danger that there will be a leakage of liquids (even for me riding my bike to work!). The strap that keeps in place the practical polypropylene spoon is made of vegan leather, so they really do it right! Its size is also perfect for simple basmati rice with vegetables!
How do I clean my FOOD FLASK?
Clean with warm water and washing-up liquid prior to initial use and after every use. DO NOT immerse in water. Dry thoroughly after leaving it to drain. Always store vessel with lid removed.
Sweet Potato & peanuts soup
- 1 big sweet potato (diced)
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp green curry paste
- 1 lime
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml coconut milk
- fresh coriander
- pomegranate seeds and peanuts
- on a pan (medium heat) add 1 tbs of olive oil and sauté for about 5 minutes onion and garlic
- peel the potato, cut into cubes and add to the pan, sauté for about 5 minutes
- add the vegetable broth, the juice of the lime, the curry paste, salt, and pepper. let it cook for about 15 minutes (medium heat).
- add the coconut milk and the peanut butter. Finally, blend until smooth.
- Serve with fresh coriander and top with pomegranate seeds and peanuts.
Jasmine rice is great in combination with this soup!