What’s better than a potato? A sweet potato!
Sweet potatoes are so much versatile: salty, roasted, fried, steamed, crispy, or in a cake, you name it!
Here in Berlin stuffed potato is really a thing and is a complete and satisfying meal!
For this recipe, I’ve thought to replace the conventional potato with the sweet ones, fill them with some quinoa, instead of couscous, and as topping some homemade hummus to have more proteins.
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin b6, d and iron. And they are so delicious!
“…I might discover the fire in which to roast a very small yam which a ghost gave me…”
Amos tutuola “my life in the bush of ghosts”
Quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes
- · 2 big sweet potatoes
- · 1/2 cup quinoa
- · some chopped radicchio
- · some chopped fresh parsley
- · chopped spring onion
- · juice of 1 /2 lemon
- · 1/2 cup hummus
- · almonds to garnish
- · around 1 Tbs olive oil
- · salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°
- Prick the potatoes with a fork and bake them for about 60 minutes (check the process from time to time, could be less or more depending on the oven)
- Meantime cook 1/2 cup quinoa
- Mix the cooked quinoa with chopped parsley, radicchio, juice of 1/2 lemon and spring onion. Add 1 Tbs Olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes in the middle (but not completely) and fill with a couple of tablespoons of the quinoa salad
- Top with some hummus (you can read about my beet hummus recipe here!)
Tips: if you lightly toast the quinoa on a bit of oil before actually cooking it, you won’t need to wash it then!