The beauty of the Swiss Red Chard
Spring is the season when the most exciting and colorful veggies are exposed on the counter. It’s time to try the beautiful Swiss red chard, tender, slightly sweet and earthy (the flavor is close to the beet).
There are so many ways to cook chard, but I was up for something really delicious, so what’s better than cannelloni?
Cannelloni are the lasagne little funny brothers: the result is almost the same, but for sure changes the texture and the feeling once in your mouth. They are just perfect with some good vegan ricotta (like here made with tofu or with cashew ricotta). The bechamel helps the cannelloni to be cooked once in the oven, so be generous with that.
facts: full of vitamins like k, c, a and E, copper, iron, and magnesium
Swiss Red Chard Cannelloni
- Red Swiss Chard
- 500ml vegan Bechamel
- 400gr Tofu Ricotta
- 200gr Tomato Sauce
- 250gr Cannelloni
- For the vegan Bechamel you can follow my video & recipe here
- For the Tofu Ricotta you can follow my video & recipe here
- On a pan over medium heat toss the chopped chard with 2 tbs olive oil
- add a bit of hot water and sauté until tender
- Add salt and pepper or soy sauce
- blend the chard together with the ricotta. It’s ok if the result is a bit liquid, because the water will be absorbed in the oven and help the cannelloni to cook
- Now fill each cannelloni with about 3 tsp filling. Cover the first layer with tomato sauce and bechamel. Repeat for the second layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes at 180°.