When the detox meets the flavor!
This is officially my first video recipe, so in order to make it right I came with a nice recipe inspired by a great book by Lily Simpson & Rob Hobson “The Detox Kitchen Bible”. Though is not completely vegan, different recipes are vegetarian-friendly and can be actually adapted to a vegan diet.
I am lately using quinoa pretty often so I was really curious to explore other ways to integrate this superfood into my diet.
This bread is just perfect as a snack or with a salad is slightly crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside. Don’t expect a classic bread texture though, because it can easily fall apart.
FACts: quinoa is rich in proteins, magnesium and manganese.
Detox Quinoa Bread
- 15 gr chia seeds
- 15 gr flaxseeds
- 100 ml water for the seeds
- 350 gr quinoa
- 1300ml water
- 1T sea salt
- the juice of half lemon
- 150 ml water
- 70 ml olive oil
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda pinch of sea salt
- about 2 T sesame seeds and 2 T sunflower seeds
- preheat the oven to 180° C / 350° F*
- mix the chia and flaxseeds on a bowl with the 100 ml water and let it rest for about 30 minutes (the consistency at this stage will be like a gel)
- bring to a boil the 350 gr quinoa on the 1L 300ml water a 1T of sea salt, simmer for 3 minutes. The quinoa should not be completely cooked, drain to remove the excess water.
- in bowl add the 150 ml water, the lemon juice, olive oil, bicarbonate of soda and salt and whisk it.
- on a large bowl combine with a spatula the quinoa together with the STEP 2 and STEP 3. With a blender (immersion blender works fine too) process until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- transfer the mix into a loaf tin with a parchment paper (this will prevent to break the bread once cooked). Top with sesame and sunflower seeds and press it with a spatula.
- cook for about 60 minutes. Let it rest for a couple of hours to dry completely.
Info: this recipe is inspired by Lily Simpson & Rob Hobson “The Detox Kitchen Bible”