Pick me up!
Tiramisù has become an international world and is a really popular Venetian dessert all around the world. But, what does actually it mean? Pick me up! The coffee is a real kick here! After a couple of experiment, I came up with this version, a really “compact” tiramisù and I simply love the intense taste of every single ingredient. This raw vegan matcha tiramisù is in collaboration with Indigo Herbs that provided me their high quality matcha powder together with fantastic cashews and other excellent ingredients that you will find in the video.
Vegan matcha tiramisù
INGREDIENTS FOR THE VEGAN MASCARPONE:
- 2 Cups Cashew Nuts (soak them in warm water for at least 2 hours)
- /2 Cup Maple Syrup
- Agar Agar Gel (1/2 cup water + 1 tsp Agar Agar)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Cream
- 2 Tbs Soy yogurt
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Matcha Powder
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 Cups Oat
- 2 Cups chopped Dates (or about 10 dates)
- 1/4 cup Espresso Instant Coffee
- a splash of Vanilla extract
- 1 CUP Coffee
- a splash of Maple Syrup
- 1Tbs Rum (optional)
- Dissolve the Agar Agar on 1/2 cup water and bring it to boil while simmering for a couple of minutes. Let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Blend finally all the ingredients for the mascarpone until you reach a creamy texture, add a pinch of salt.
- Divide into 2 equal parts the Mascarpone, add 2 Tbs of Matcha Powder just on 1 of the 2 bowls and whisk until well combined.
- Put the mascarpone in the fridge to cool.
- For the crust: mix all the ingredients until well combined (I used the “pulse” mode on my blender). Add more maple syrup if you like sweeter.
- In a baking dish (I am using a glass food container by ikea 17x23x9 cm )spread the first layer of the crust, top with the matcha mascarpone, add the second layer of the crust and finally the white mascarpone. Dust with cocoa powder and garnish with cacao nibs for an extra kick!
- Let it cool overnight, best to consume the day after!
***link to the ingredients by Indigo Herbs I used for this recipe**:
Cashew Nuts: https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/shop/buy/cashew-nuts Maple Syrup: https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/shop/buy/organic-maple-syrup-product Matcha Powder https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/shop/buy/organic-matcha-green-powder-50g Cacao Nibs: https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/shop/buy/organic-cacao-nibs