Cooking with aquafaba is a magical experience. I always save the chickpeas water from the can, because I am sure I can use it later on different recipes that you will find on my channel.
This cacao mousse is just perfect served as dessert on a special dinner. Is my ace in the sleeve whenever I have friends coming over but little time to cook. I like topping with some cacao nibs (for this recipe I used the ones provided me by Indigo Herbs) or with coconut whipped cream.
Aquafaba Cacao Mousse
- · 1/2 cup Aquafaba (the water of 1 chickpeas can)
- · 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- · a pinch of salt
- · 2 tbs vanilla extract
- · 2 tbs sugar
- · 1 tsp soy milk
- · 200gr dark vegan chocolate (70% cacao)
- · cacao nibs to garnish
- let it cool for about 1 hour
- In a bowl whip the aquafaba with the cream of tartar and a pinch of salt for about 6 minutes. Add the sugar (1 Tbs at a time) and whip for other 6 minutes until the consistency is meringue-like.
- In a second bowl melt the chocolate over a bain-marie.
- In a second bowl mix with a hand blender the banana, the vanilla extract, the tofu and the oil
- Add the chocolate, the vanilla extract and soy milk to the whipped acquafaba and combine with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with Cacao Nibs and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour.
Tips: you can serve it with whipped coconut cream.